Managing Multiple Versions of an API
Multiple versions of an API can be loaded into APIX.Hub™. This makes it simple to switch between different environments. The following steps allow the user to upload a new version of an API:
- Launch Manage API window by clicking the Manage APIs button on the APIX.XL ribbon.
- Delete the API for which a new version is to be loaded by clicking the DELETE button. Note: This will only delete the API definitions locally; it will not delete it from the hub.
- Load the new version of the API using one of the methods outlined in Loading an API Locally, making sure that EXCEL CATEGORY is different from what is already in the hub. To ensure the APIs have been loaded, launch the Manage APIs window by clicking the Manage APIs button.
- Publish the API to the hub, ensuring that the NAMESPACE and SHORTNAME values match with the existing version in the hub and that VERSION is different. Note: Version can be alphanumeric, and it is advisable to use a value (For example, MyAPI_Dev, MyAPI_Prod). If OFFICIAL is checked, the newly uploaded API version will be the official version.
- To verify that multiple versions of the API have been loaded, launch the Manage API Auth window by clicking on the Manage API Auth button on the APIX.XL ribbon.
- Click the API VERSION drop-down to view available versions.