Loading an API Locally
The following steps allow the user to load an API locally.
- On the APIX.XL ribbon, click the Load API button.
- API definitions can be loaded from a URL, by uploading a Swagger file, or by entering the Swagger definition as text.
- To load from a URL, select the URL tab and enter the URL for the API definition in the text box.
- To load from a file, select the FILE tab and then click the BROWSE button to select the file that contains the API definition.
- To load from text, select the TEXT tab and enter the API definition as JSON into the text box.
- Once the appropriate selection is made, click the REVIEW button.
- The screen that appears will list all available endpoints in the form of Excel function names and will allow various values to be edited before creating the functions. Enter desired category name in the XL CATEGORY field.
- To add a prefix to function names, enter the desired prefix in the FN Prefix field and click the UPDATE button. The function names will update. This step is optional.
- Function names can be edited as needed. To exclude a function from being created, un-check the INCLUDE IN EXCEL checkbox next to it.
- Once edits have been made, click the ADD FUNCTIONS TO EXCEL button to create the functions.
- The following message will indicate that the functions were created successfully.
- To verify that the functions were created, select an empty cell and click the fx symbol next to the formula bar.
- Once the Insert Function window appears, click the category drop-down and look for the category entered in Step 8. Selecting a category will display all the functions included in the category.