The following guide explains the system requirements, installation process, and configuration for APIX.XL™.
Users wishing to connect APIX.XL™ to APIX.Hub™ or an API gateway should read the Connecting to an API Repository guide.
Installation of APIX.XL™ requires local admin rights on the machine. Without local admin rights APIX.XL™ cannot be installed.
Downloading the Installation File
An executable installation file (.exe) is made available for the user to download from a unique URL. The download URL is emailed to the user once they complete the webform located both on the APIX™ webpage and below. (If the user does not receive an email in their inbox, they should check their spam folder and consult their company’s security filters). Upon visiting the URL, a ZIP file containing the installation file will be downloaded to the user’s PC.
APIX.XL™ Download Form
Once the ZIP file containing the installation file is downloaded to the user’s PC, they will need to do the following:
- Click the link in the email to download a ZIP file (RF_APIX_XL_Quickstart.zip), which contains the installer (.exe) and a demo Excel template (RFPB_Template.xlsm).
- Once the file is downloaded, double click the ZIP file. The user will be prompted to extract or run the file. Click the Extract all button.
- Select desired destination, check the box next to Show extracted files when complete, and click the Extract button. Once the files gave been extracted, the user will be shown the extracted files on their PC.
- Before running the installer, the user may need to unblock the file. To do so, right click on the file and click Properties. Select the General tab and on the bottom right corner ensure that the Unblock checkbox is checked. Do the same for RFPB_Template.xlsm.
- After unblocking the files, click on the .exe installer.
- If an Open File popup or a Windows PC Protection window arises, click the Run button.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Click the Install button to initiate installation.
- Once installation is complete, the window will refresh with a success message. Click the Close button to exit.
Configuring Microsoft Excel
Once APIX.XL™ has been successfully installed, it will appear in the Excel ribbon. The user will then need to adjust Excel’s Trust Center Settings. The following steps are required to adjust these settings:
- Click on the File tab on the Excel ribbon.
- Click the Options tab in the bottom left-hand menu. This will open the Excel Options window.
- Select the Trust Center tab in the left-hand menu and then click the Trust Center Settings button. This will open the Trust Center window.
- Click on the Macro Settings tab in the left-hand menu and check Trust access to the VBA project object model. Click the OK button to confirm the changes.
- The user will be returned to the Trust Center window. Click the OK Button to return to Excel.