Get in Touch
Strategy / Governance
- Cost Management and Cost Optimization – The Ness cloud cost management and cost optimization services are designed to help you maximize the benefits of cloud computing while minimizing your costs. We provide a comprehensive FinOps framework for managing your cost investments and maximizing ROI. Our team brings years of experience with technology, cloud cost analysis, cloud cost monitoring and cloud pricing models. We base our approach on Well-Architected Frameworks for cost optimization in AWS and Azure. These methodologies provide best practices for designing and operating cost-effective, efficient cloud architectures.
Our approach consists of several pillars that we tailor to your unique requirements. We go a step further than other typical approaches, bringing cost awareness and optimization to every aspect of your cloud operations. We do this by attacking the problem at its root cause, leaning into both automation and organizational change to create lasting value.Here is what we offer:
- Cloud Infrastructure Cost Assessments: Our experts assess your existing cloud infrastructure to identify immediate cost savings opportunities and forecast future trends to create an appropriate cloud cost model. This includes reviewing your current usage patterns, identifying underutilized resources, and recommending ways to optimize your infrastructure for cost efficiency. We use built-in AWS and Azure tools and processes for this purpose.
- Right Sizing Recommendations: We analyze your cloud resources and recommend ways to reduce your costs by right-sizing to match your actual usage patterns. This includes optimizing instance sizes, auto-scaling, and selecting the most cost-effective instance types.
- Optimizing Infrastructure Costs: Our team helps you choose the most cost-effective storage options and networking patterns based on your application footprint and data storage requirements, access patterns, retrieval times, regional and AZ distribution and observed traffic flows. We also recommend ways to optimize your storage costs through selection of the right storage settings for each workload, archiving, and automatic storage tiering.
- Licensing Optimizations: Our team looks at your on-premises and cloud software licensing status and provides you with ways to optimize spending on the cloud by taking advantage of unused on-premises licenses, hybrid cloud benefits and other opportunities provided by the major cloud providers.
- Architecture Optimizations: Our team reviews your cloud architectural landscape and identifies ways to modernize your platforms with a cost minimization lens. This includes microservices, serverless, deduplication and other tools and techniques to enable you to dynamically adjust your costs to your actual needs and remove overprovisioning of resources that you should not have to pay for.
- Cost Operating Model / FinOps: Our team are experts at designing processes to bring together business, technology, and finance stakeholders to manage, allocate, forecast, monitor, report, alert, and charge cloud costs. We design the appropriate operating model to deliver full accountability and ownership for cloud costs. We help your teams work through the organizational changes required and their implications. The result is transparency on all cloud activity and clarity on how your cloud costs deliver value to the enterprise.
- Well-architected Reviews – The Well-Architected Framework helps cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, cost-effective, and efficient infrastructure for their applications. The Well-architected Review (WAR) evaluates a current application and the surrounding environment for adherence to the Well-architected Framework and identifies risks in the design or implementation. The result of a WAR is a prioritized list of risks and a remediation plan for them.
- Migration Planning – Ness works with clients to create a portfolio of applications that can move to the cloud and prioritizes the migration with a plan that considers organizational priorities, path-to-value, dependencies, and complexity.
- Landing Zone – Companies moving to the cloud need a secure, well-planned, easily governed cloud environment. A landing zone consists of an account structure, account vending machine, policy CI/CD, and integration with current networking and identity management solutions. Ness works with clients to capture their unique requirements and creates a governance framework encapsulated in IaC.
- Cost Containment – Migrate applications to more cost-effective environments using scaling technology, such as container-based and serverless computing, managed services, and scaling policies.
- Application Migration – As a significant step in your digital transformation journey, cloud migration can bring several challenges. Our proven expertise in migrating complex systems and legacy applications to the cloud improves scalability and flexibility without business disruption. Our migration process follows industry best practices for quickly moving your workload securely and in manageable iterations to the cloud. We excel at refactoring applications to use containers, microservices, and streaming/event-driven architectures.
- Business Case Review – Organizations contemplating migrations to the cloud need to understand the business case. Ness has proven expertise in creating and documenting a business case for migration, assessing migration readiness, and creating migration plans and architecture.
- CI/CD – Accounts, Policies, and Applications – Organizations must manage applications and infrastructure in manageable, repeatable ways to take full advantage of the cloud. Ness excels at creating pipelines for accounts, environments, and applications.
- DevOps/Cloud Maturity Assessment – The cloud is a journey, not a destination. Ness can review the current state of Development/DevOps and Service Reliability processes and build a plan for increased maturity and velocity and decreased risk.