The system is used at ATC centers, airport controls, and tower controls. The system handles Radar data, voice communications, and all other ATC relevant data, in a fully synchronized manner, complying with the legal and long-term recording in accordance with the operational ICAO requirements. It provides advanced tools for long-term and legal investigations, route charge calculations, frequency monitoring and diverse technical analysis. The system supports search and rescue operations by providing rapid direct access to short-term (several hours) data. ATCARE workstations are used independently of the ATC system. The set of playback functions includes extensive display options which are easily selected by the operator (e.g., data to be displayed, background information, history of selected tracks), and advanced 3D presentation with rotation capabilities, analysis tools, statistical tools, and report generation.
Recording and Playback
• Synchronized recording and playback of voice and radar data
• Integrated radar and voice archiving
• On-line and random access to recorded data
• Radar data analysis and technical monitoring tools
• Quick and easy definition of a requested date and time period for playback
• Simultaneous playback of four voice channels synchronized with radar channels on each replay workstation
• Display of recorded data parameters: date, selected time period, current time and speed factor on the screen
• Synchronized radar data and voice replay in high speed and slow motion as well as freeze capability
• Integration of local recording systems at regional airports with the main recording systems at the ATC centers
• Advanced 3D presentation with rotation capabilities
• Sub-windows to display different areas
• On-line display filters and display manipulations
• Short and long history display
• Control of labels display
• Selection of map overlays
• STCA alerts display
• VDF display
• On-line Local Map Editor
• Graphic printouts
• Text reports
• Output to Euro control’s RASS
ATCARE is capable of handling various radar sand system protocols. The communication interfaces are via Serial connections (RS-232, RS-422 synchronous or asynchronous) or a LAN (Local Area Network).
ATCARE is capable to record and playback audio channels using analog (2/4 wire), E1, or T1 interface. Recorded audio may be compressed or not compressed.
Recording and Archiving
ATCARE records data on local hard disks for short-term archiving. Two large hard disks are used in a mirrored configuration. The long-term archiving on a DAT cassette is performed automatically. The system checks the DAT before writing the recorded data onto it, to avoid unintended deletion of previously recorded data. The system stores a log of the archiving operations to enable the next archiving to continue from the point where the previous archiving was terminated.
Logger Supervision Station
The Logger Supervision Station allows logger setup, definition of channels, technical control of the logger and DAT database management.
The Playback Workstation enables users to perform their tasks, providing the required displays of the recorded ASP, together with a variety of support tools. Playback is synchronized with audio playback. The operator has immediate access to the last recorded data hours, and relatively quick access to any recorded data on DAT. The Playback Workstation is used in two modes of operations:
• Playback Mode
• Monitoring and Administration Mode
The system can be customized to cater for:
• Additional or different radar protocols
• Coordination of systems and maps
• Adaptability of symbology
• Special features of the local ATC system
The following protocols and messages are supported by the SLI:
Radar communications protocols
• Common Digitizer
Radar message formats
Additional radar protocols and message formats can be easily added.
• Playback of up to 4 channels simultaneously.
• CCITT G.711 & G.712 PCN
• G.726 32/16 ADPCM
Voice Communication Interface
• Analog radio/telephone input (2/4 wire)
• E1 digital G.703
• T1 digital